The MDX Home Community Kitchen is a new initiative set up by Middlesex Students’ Union for 2016/17, led by MDXSU elected Student Officers and Middlesex University students.
The Community Kitchen will not only provide hot meals to local homeless people and those in need but also legal and medical services too.
The MDX Home Community Kitchen will be held in MDX House on the first Saturday of every month, 10am-3pm.
There are lots of ways to get involved, and we're particularly looking for:
- Volunteers to collect, prepare and/or serve hot meals.
- Volunteers for outreach work in the days and evenings leading up to each event.
- Nursing students, to provide medical assistance and mental health care, under qualified supervision. Local doctors will also be dropping in too.
- Law students, to provide legal advice and assistance and help filling in governmental .
- Individual food donations, supplementing food provided by our local Tesco and the Claddagh Ring.
- Clothes donations - we're hoping to establish an in-situ clothes bank on campus moving forward.
- Local barbers and hairdressers to lend their services.
If you would like to utilise your skills while helping the local community, we'd love for you to get involved - whether that's volunteering to cook or prepare food, offering medical or legal help, providing other useful skills or simply donating tinned goods.
You can read more about the launch event on our website, or as reported in the local community here.
To find out more, please contact MDXSU Vice President Orla Hillary or Joe Cox at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org