Support on non-academic issues

As well as providing academic support, our Advice team can also assist students with a variety of issues, giving advice and flagposting services. We have more information on non-academic support below:

General welfare advice

The University’s Support Services can help with;

  • Finance, bursaries and student loans
  • Immigration and visa issues
  • Accommodation
  • Housing
  • Other Welfare issues

You can contact the University services via UniHelp, by visiting them in the Sheppard Library, or by calling 020 8411 6060.

Mental Health

If you have any personal or emotional issues you would like to talk through with somebody, you can make an appointment to speak to the University Counselling & Mental Health team. You can refer yourself for support by completing the confidential form from the link below:

Please give as much availability as possible so that a suitable appointment can be arranged for you. The Counselling & Mental Health team also offers drop-in service, where you can just turn up at Sunny Hill House between 2-3pm, Monday to Fridays, and talk to one of the professional staff. Please, remember to bring your ID with you.  

Haringey, Enfield and Barnet local authority also offer mental health advice, support and therapy. More information on their services can be found at